College Experience Honors Program
The College Experience Honors Program offers the opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to take college level courses at Valparaiso University for academic credit. Junior and senior high school students in the Core 40 with Academic Honors diploma program are eligible to take up to 8 credits of college coursework at Valparaiso University. In consultation with a high school advisor, you may apply these credits to your academic honors diploma. Students are limited to 8 credits under this program and should note that admission to this program should not be construed as admission to the undergraduate degree programs at VU.
A list of courses open to high school students is available upon request by emailing Continuing.Ed@valpo.edu.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition: $155 per credit hour. (2022-2023 Academic Year)
- General Fee: $25
High School students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply. These include persons who:
- Have at least junior standing at their high school;
- Are part of the CORE 40 with Academic Honors diploma program;
- Receive endorsement from their academic advisor.
- High school students not in the Academic Honors program may be considered for this program on a case-by-case basis.
- Summer – May 1
- Fall – August 1
- Spring – January 1
- Complete and sign the application;
- Provide the Counselor Endorsement Form to your High School Counselor and have them return it to the Office of Continuing Education;
- Provide PSAT, ACT, or SAT scores (see Application and Counselor Endorsement Form);
- Have your high school send a copy of your transcript to the Office of Continuing Education;
- List the course or courses for which you would like to be considered (see Course Selection handout);
- Submit $30 non-refundable application fee, payable to Valparaiso University.
- Meet with the Valparaiso University advisor for this program prior to registration.