Residential Life: Residence Hall Move-Out Process
Posted: April 21, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
This message is for any residential student not currently on campus that has not moved out of their residence hall room.
The Governor of Indiana has extended the “stay at home” order until Friday, May 1, 2020. As before, we are requesting students and their families not return to campus to move out of their residence hall room during this continued period of required social distancing.
Once the “stay at home” order has expired, we will begin a regulated move-out process. This process replaces the May 13 deadline/process to move-out of the residence halls. This approach will assist with social distancing recommendations via the CDC as it will limit the number of people on-campus at any given point in time and also limit the size of groups within the buildings. This process will also assist with traffic flow around the campus and residence halls.
Please review the information below to find your building, floor, and the date range for your approved return to campus to collect your belongings. Students may return at any point during the date range listed below to collect their belongings from their rooms.
Friday, May 1st – Thursday, May 7th
- Alumni Hall – Floors 1, 2, & 5
- Beacon Hall – Floors 1 & 2
- Guild, Memorial Halls – Floor 2 & 3
- Kade/Duesenberg German House
- Promenade East Apartments
- Sorority Housing Complex – 805, 809, 813
- Uptown East Apartments – Floors 1 & 2
- Wehrenberg Hall – Floor 1 & 2
Friday, May 8th – Thursday, May 14th
- Brandt Hall – Floors 1, 2, & 5
- Lankenau Hall – Floors 1, 2, & 5
- Guild, Memorial Halls – Floor 4
- Sorority Housing Complex – 807, 811, 815
- Uptown East Apartments – Floors 3 & 4
- Wehrenberg Hall – Floor 3 & 4
Friday, May 15th – Thursday, May 21st
- Alumni Hall – Floors 3 & 4
- Beacon Hall – Floors 3 & 4
- Brandt Hall – Floors 3 & 4
- Lankenau Hall – Floors 3 & 4
Please complete the following move-out registration form to notify our office of what specific date within your building’s and floor’s particular approved date range that you will be returning to campus. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM BY 5PM MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2020. This will allow us to ensure your access is active on that particular day. If you have special circumstances and would like to request a date outside your particular range, please complete the registration form. There will be an opportunity to make that request via the form.
Move-Out Registration Form Link: https://forms.gle/rGGfyXnAdomBcCyb9
Please note the following:
- If the Governor’s “Stay at Home” order is extended past May 1, we will move the move-out dates to the appropriate extension date(s) in the future.
- Students will not be allowed to remain on campus nor stay overnight in the residence halls.
- The halls will be open from 8am – 7pm each day for move-out. Student access will shut off at 7pm each day and the building will be closed until the next day.
- Due to staffing and facility limitations, we will not be able to offer any summer storage for students.
- If you need to update or change your move-out registration, please email our office at email@example.com and we will update your information (versus filling out a second form).
- Health & Safety Precautions
- We request that each student does not bring more than 3 people with them to assist with moving out.
- We request that no one with the COVID-19 virus or any type of illness-related symptom(s) for the last 72-hours be on campus (ie. coughing, fever, sore throat, etc.).
- We require that everyone wear some kind of mask while in a building on campus.
Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.