A complete nomination packet consists of:
- An internal letter of nomination.
- Two external (to the university) letters of support, with not more than one from a collaborator. These letters should be solicited and received by the nominator.
- The nominee’s CV.
- Two sample pieces of work.
The nomination letter and the two external letters will respond to the questions:
- Why does this body of work represent a significant achievement?
- How does it contribute to the general advancement of knowledge?
All nominations come to the Creative Work and Research Committee from the academic deans. Christ College — The Honors College, the Graduate School, the Christopher Center Library, the College of Nursing and Health Professions, the College of Engineering, and the College of Business may nominate up to one person per year. The College of Arts and Sciences may have up to four nominees per year.
Nominations from the colleges are due to the Office of the Provost by the Friday before spring break.
The Creative Work and Research Committee will review the nominations and make a selection at its spring meeting following spring break.
The winner and other nominees will be recognized at the annual Valpo Scholarship and Creative Works Reception sponsored by the Christopher Center Library.