Students Register Here:
This event is an opportunity for high school junior and senior students who are interested in pursuing the teaching profession as a career. Sponsored by the Professional Educators Partnership (PEP); and the Mathematics and Science Education Enrollment Development (MSEED). Discover the Art of Teaching provides an opportunity to explore a teacher’s career path with current education students and faculty.
The mission of the education department at Valparaiso University is to recruit, prepare, and support young people in our profession who will become part of the next generation of high-quality and inspirational teachers. The event will be held at Valparaiso University on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
What to Expect on November 6, 2019:
8:30- 9:00 a.m. Check-In & Continental Breakfast, Community Room (1st Floor, Christopher Center)
9:00-10:15 a.m. Morning Program
- Welcome Future Teacher & Guests
- The vocation of Teaching
- STEM Activity
- Learn about campus life from Valpo education students, College 101
11:00-12:40 Lunch and Campus Tours
- Experience campus via a student-led tour
- Lunch with Valpo Students
12:45-1:00 p.m. Afternoon Program, VUCA Duesenberg Recital Hall
- Learn about the college application process from VU Admissions staff
- Wrap up the day with closing remarks @ 1:00 pm
1:15-2:00 p.m. Optional Afternoon Activities:
- Talk one-on-one with Admissions staff (optional)
- Interested in Education program at VU?
What should you wear?
Attire for the day is business casual or spirit wear (apparel with your school logo). Participants will do a lot of walking during the campus tour so please wear comfortable shoes and layered clothing. Bring an umbrella if rain is predicted.
What are we eating for lunch?
- Each participant will receive a lunch card for the VU cafeteria. Bring additional funds if you have a hearty appetite.
- Enjoy lunch with current education students and faculty.
What if you can no longer attend?
We understand things come up so if you cannot attend, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible by emailing us at email@example.com.
What is the address for the Christopher Center where the event will begin?
The address is Christopher Center, 1410 Chapel Drive, Valparaiso, IN 46383. The Community Room is located on the north side, first floor of the building.
Where should I park my vehicle?
Buses – New! Park in Lot 37 (not 14 & 15)
Other vehicles – Park in Lots 14, 15 or 20