Faculty/Staff Work Orders
FM uses an online work order system for non-emergency work orders called “SchoolDude”. Information on how to sign up and submit a work order can be found here.
Placing an Online Work Request
To place an online work request, please have the following information handy:
- Problem description: provide as many details as possible regarding the current situation.
- Building name: this refers to the building in which the problem is occurring.
- Building location: this refers to the specific area in which the problem is occurring, such as room 101, west restroom, second floor, east hallway, east stairwell, etc.
- Contact name and number: this is in case our technician needs to contact you to obtain further information or provide you with an update.
- Departmental account number: if the service does not relate to the upkeep and daily maintenance of the building, the department must provide a chargeable account number.
Creating a SchoolDude Account
To create a SchoolDude account, simply click on the SchoolDude link to the left and sign up.
To place work orders for chargeable services please have your supervisor send an email to email@example.com to grant you authorization to use departmental GL accounts. Our Business Processes section contains a list of chargeable services.
The standard for completion of non-emergency work requests is 10 working days. Please allow a minimum of 10 working days before checking on the status of a non-emergency request.