Old Campus Gardens
551 Greenwich Street
Rules and Guidelines
- Gardeners are not permitted to break ground until payment is received.
- Gardening hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Gardeners are required to keep their plots planted, harvested, weeded and well maintained.
- No pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides to be used in the garden plots.
- All tools must be cleaned and stored after use.
- At the end of the growing season, gardeners are responsible for clearing their plot of all plant material and leaving the plot as they found it in the spring.
- The Garden Committee is responsible for ensuring that all rules are followed at all times.
- Gardener must notify Garden Committee via email if they are no longer able to maintain their plot. Plot fee will not be refunded. Garden Committee reserves the right to lease this plot to others. Gardeners will have the opportunity to purchase a plot in the future.
- Reason for Lease Termination :
- Weeds grow to two feet or more.
- Garden plot is not maintained.
- Process for Lease Termination
- Plot Owner will be notified via email if plot is not being well maintained.
- Owner has two weeks to comply.
- At the end of week one, if Owner is not in compliance, the Garden Committee will send a second notice of non-compliance via email.
- After two weeks of the first notice and non-compliance, gardener will permanently lose their plot.
- Gardeners that have been terminated from the campus garden are ineligible for a refund or the ability to purchase a garden plot in the future.