In the French House, you’ll have the chance to practice your French on a daily basis with the native-speaker PA and fellow residents, and you’ll meet and talk with other native French speakers on campus. In addition, you can prepare yourself for Study Abroad or continue your language immersion after you return from France as a member of this learning community.
French House residents:
- Speak French in an intentional immersion environment.
- Share daily evening meals with your fellow residents.
- Interact with the native-speaker Program Assistant.
- Help to promote the use of French and knowledge of French culture through active participation in activities organized by the Cercle français.
- Integrate living and learning in this unique community environment.
You must first complete French 204 and must be a sophomore, junior, or senior.
A committee of faculty and staff will review your application. Decisions are made based on GPA, language ability and willingness to participate in communal life. Seniority and gender balance are also considered.
We will let you know whether or not you have been selected well in advance of the campus-wide room selection process.
- General Information (PDF)
- Details on Beacon Hall
- Application for 2019-2020 (coming this fall)
- For more details, contact Prof. Duvick
Application deadline: Monday of the last week in January.