National Study Abroad Day at Valpo
We are thrilled to be participating in the first Annual Study Abroad Day on Monday, February 24, 2020! The goal of Study Abroad Day is to bring awareness to Study Abroad and its lasting impacts. This is a national initiative and we will be one of many campuses around the nation participating.
We’ve taken the liberty of putting together a few simple ideas that would take very minimal time and effort, but go a long way in helping us show the tremendous value and impact study abroad has had on us as individuals, and our campus community.
Ways you can help us spread the word:
- If you have studied abroad, get and wear one our “Ask me where I studied abroad” conversation starter buttons and encourage your peers who have studied abroad to do the same. Stop in to the Gandhi-King Center to get your button! We will also have a table set up in the Chapel View Lounge from 8 am – 5 pm on the 24th and buttons will be available there.
- If you see someone else wearing a button, take a minute to ask about their experience.
- Post your favorite photo from your program on Instagram using #studyabroadday – in the caption, share your experience and ways that your study abroad program impacted you. To encourage students to post, we’re creating an Instagram poster contest. Taking both the photo and your caption into consideration, the study abroad staff will vote on the best post and award the winner with a large framed poster of their photo. To enter the contest, be sure to follow @valpoabroad, allow @valpoabroad to follow you, and tag #studyabroadday , @valpoabroad , and @studyabroadday in your caption.
- Follow @studyabroadday on Instagram to watch the national campaign throughout the day.
- Think of your own way to celebrate as you see fit! The National Study Abroad Day (https://sites.google.com/valpo.edu/studyabroadday) official website has more ideas, and information as well.
We hope you will look forward to celebrating!