- International Application for Admission
MA in English Studies & Communication
We welcome your application for admission to the Graduate School of Valparaiso University. The mission of the Graduate School is to serve the advanced learning, professional development, and personal enrichment needs of individuals regionally and nationally. The Graduate School admits students that demonstrate the ability and motivation to succeed in an academically challenging environment.
This form is meant to be completed ONLINE ONLY. If you would like a hard copy, please choose the Requesting Information link and one will be sent to you.
You may mail any required materials to:
Office of the Graduate School
Kretzmann Hall 116
1700 Chapel Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383-6493 USA
You may contact us via:
Telephone: (219) 464-5313
Toll Free: (800) 821-7685
Fax: (219) 464-5381
Please us the Tab key to move through the application to enter data
Please type or print all information in English. To be considered for admission, ALL applicants must provide the following:
- This application form, completed and signed.
- Certified copies of the original and English versions of all your undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- If English is not your native language, results of TOEFL, or comparable test score, or intent to enroll in Valparaiso University's intensive language program, INTERLINK.
- For MBA Applicants only: GMAT scores.
- For MEM Applicants only: GMAT or GRE scores.
- Two letters of reference submitted by college teachers or academic advisers.
- A reflective essay that explains your reasons for wanting to undertake graduate study at Valparaiso University.
- Financial Documentation Information.
- Provide either a scanned copy (emailed to our office), legible photocopy, or fax copy, of your passport, clearly showing your full name and date of birth.
- Application fee: $50, as a check or money order drawn on a US BANK ONLY and made payable to Valparaiso University, or with a credit card.
Applicants providing all the above information will be reviewed for provisional admission based on their academic qualifications. If admitted provisionally, the applicant must submit the following information before final acceptance is given:
- A certified immunization and health record (if accepted provisionally, the health form will accompany your admission materials).
- An official statement of financial support from your bank, sponsor, or guardian, certifying the amounts of financial support available to your during your enrollment in the Valparaiso University Graduate School.