The United States sports industry involves more than $200 billion in annual spending and touches every professional aspect of media and administration.
Transform your love of athletic competition and turn it into a rewarding career.
Manage sports personnel and facilities in a variety of settings, including public recreation systems, voluntary agencies, facility and event management, community-based athletic programs, college athletic administration, and professional sports organizations.
- Undergraduate athletes who seek a career in the sports industry away from coaching or administration.
- Professionals in the journalism field who are looking for additional education on diversifying their talents.
- Leadership, management, and organization of recreation and sport
- Research methods
- Legal aspects of sports
- Marketing of programs and facilities
- Ethics in sports management
- Sports in a social context
- Financial aspects of sports
- Come online classes available
- Hands-on (experiential) learning on campus
- High quality internships available
- Network with industry professionals and alumni
- Rapidly growing career field with exponential projected future job growth
- Opportunities to collaborate with faculty on creative work and research
- Unique faculty spotlight
Graduate ready to advance your career in a range of sports media outlets, especially online, where sports content is growing rapidly, as well as positions within sports information offices and sports management.
- Explain and apply appropriate information technologies and methodologies to help individuals or organizations achieve their goals through the use of sports media.
- Anticipate the changing direction of sports media.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential utility of new technologies utilized in sports media.
- Live and work as a contributing, well-rounded member of society through ethical sports media practices.
- Individuals from a variety of backgrounds who would like to enter management and administration of sports personnel, staff, and athletic facilities.
- Sports Management/Business/Sport Science undergraduate degrees, those looking to work in professional/college/high school sports, coaching, city parks and recreation, private sector sport, health and fitness clubs.
- Professionals with athletic or coaching expertise who also have a desire to pursue a leadership role within a sports administration department or business.
- Familiarize students with technology and skills required to be successful in sports media.
- Provide significant hands-on internship experience in a real-world setting.
- Enable students to integrate management skills and ethical perspectives into their study.
- Prepare students for professional employment in sports media.
|Arkansas State University||Kane County Cougars (Midwest League baseball)|
|Baltimore Ravens M & T Bank Stadium||Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)|
|Beloit Snappers (Midwest League baseball)||Kansas City T-Bones (American Assoc. baseball)|
|Calvin College||Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB)|
|Camp Arcadia-Lutheran Camp Association||Masterplan Group|
|Cardinal Fitness||Memorial High School|
|Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation||Merrillville High School|
|Chesterton Parks Department||Metropolitan School District|
|Chicago Bandits (NPF pro softball)||New York Yankees (MLB)|
|Chicago Bears (NFL)||Pacers Sports & Entertainment|
|Chicago Bulls (NBA)||Patrick Industries|
|Chicago Cubs (MLB)||Portage High School|
|Chicago Public Schools||Porter County Parks and Recreation|
|Chicago Sky (WNBA)||Purdue University North Central|
|Chicago White Sox (MLB)||Quincy University|
|Cleveland Indians (MLB)||River City Rascals (Frontier League baseball)|
|Comcast Sports Net||Riverton High School|
|Concordia Lutheran High School||Saint Mary’s College Athletics|
|Dallas Cowboys (NFL)||St. Louis Cardinals (MLB)|
|Dynasty Athlete Representation, LLC||Steiner Sports Marketing|
|Finish Strong Indoor Sportsplex||TPX Top 96, Inc.|
|First Job in Sports||University of Notre Dame|
|Fort Wayne Comets (CHL hockey)||U.S. Olympic Committee|
|Gary SouthShore RailCats (American Assoc. baseball)||USA Taekwondo|
|Good Samaritan Health and Wellness Center||USSF “C” National Coaching License|
|Green Bay Bullfrogs (Northwoods League baseball)||Valparaiso High School|
|Green Bay Packers (NFL)||Valparaiso Parks and Recreation|
|Houston Texans (NFL)||Valparaiso University|
|Indiana Invaders (PDL soccer)||VanGough Builders Enterprises, LLC|
|Indiana Sports Corporation||Victory Sports Network|
|Indianapolis Colts (NFL)||Westosha Central High School|