Follow the admission requirements below if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Begin your profile registration and tell us some basic information. Then proceed to complete each tab within the application form.
Former students, who have missed two consecutive semesters (fall and spring), must complete the Readmission Application form.
Please submit official transcripts from all university courses in which you have been enrolled. Unofficial transcripts are accepted but official copies must be submitted prior to beginning classes. Valpo students and alumni are not required to submit transcripts. Transcripts can be submitted to email@example.com or mailed directly to the Graduate School.
Request two professional or academic recommendation letters to be submitted through our online recommendation form.
Your reflective essay should summarize:
- Why you are applying to Valparaiso University
- Your interest in the degree program
- How this program impacts your professional development
Other topics you can include:
- Describe a challenge and how you overcame it.
- Describe a time you failed and what you learned.
- Describe a situation in which you demonstrated leadership to help a group achieve an important goal.
- Describe the career accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it.
- $30 for U.S. citizens
Your application fee is automatically waived if you schedule a campus visit.
Priority Application Deadlines
The following graduate programs have a priority application deadline for admission into the Fall 2017 semester. ALL application materials must be submitted by the corresponding date in order to receive admission consideration by the Admissions Committee.
M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
School Psychology – M.Ed. Education and Psychological Foundations and Ed.S. Education Specialist
Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP)
Important Notes on Submitting Documents
Submit your application documents in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite your admission decision. Please call Jessica Choquette or Jennifer McQuady within Graduate School Admissions at 219.464.5313 to discuss your application with an expert. Visit Campus  Affordability