Valparaiso University is accepting applications into our our online Graduate Certificate in Humane Education from international students from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, South Africa and the United Kingdom. This page guides international students through the process of applying to our available online programs.
Begin your profile registration and tell us some basic information. Then proceed to complete each tab within the application form. After creating an application login, you may check your status anytime.
Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, academic history, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country, or immigration status. English proficiency may be met with the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Pearson Test of English (PTE).
- 6.0 minimum IELTS with no more than two sub scores below 6.0.
- 80 minimum TOEFL internet-based, 550 paper-based, or 230 computer-based.
- TOEFL score must come directly from ETS to be considered valid for admission.
- Certain programs require a higher IELTS or TOEFL score. Please see program page for details.
- 56 minimum PTE
- Completion of a recognized English second language (ESL) program
- GRE is not required for most programs
Successful completion of English language proficiency:
Graduate and post baccalaureate applicants who received a baccalaureate degree or higher from Valparaiso University or a recognized college or university in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand, Nigeria or Australia will not be required to submit English proficiency test scores.
Transfer applicants may be required to submit English proficiency test scores. The Graduate School maintains the right to require English proficiency testing when deemed necessary.
Applicants from specific partnership institutions may complete and pass an admission interview with the Director of Graduate Admissions to meet our English language proficiency requirement.
Conditional Admission Application Procedures
Valparaiso University offers conditional admission to students who are academically eligible for admission, but do not meet the English language proficiency requirement.
Please submit official transcripts with both original and English translations of all university courses in which you have been enrolled.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted but official copies must be submitted prior to beginning classes.
- The undergraduate transcript should indicate the degree earned.
- Transcripts should be sent directly to our office by the Registrar of your undergraduate and/or graduate university or institute.
- Do not send high school or secondary transcripts.
Request two professional or academic recommendation letters to be submitted through our online recommendation form.
Provide a scanned copy of your passport or government issued photo ID. Scan and submit both sides of the ID. Make sure it clearly shows your full name and date of birth.
Your reflective essay should summarize:
- Why you are applying to Valparaiso University
- Your interest in the degree program
- How this program impacts your current or future development
- $50 for international applications
Speak to an an admissions specialist to learn about how to receive an application fee waiver.
International Online Application Deadlines
Valparaiso University accepts applications from international online students on a rolling admission basis. This allows students to apply up to a week before the start of a semester. Contact an admissions specialist today to learn about space in this program.