The Valparaiso University Interfraternity Council is the governing body over the nine men’s fraternities with active chapters on campus.
The purpose of the Interfraternity Council shall be to:
- Provide a sovereign governance structure for its Member Fraternities;
- Promote the interests of its Member Fraternities;
- Promote the interests of men’s fraternities in general;
- Discuss questions of mutual interest and present to its Member Fraternities such recommendations as the IFC deems appropriate;
- Promote the interests of Valparaiso University;
- Promote mutual cooperation between its Member Fraternities;
- Promote mutual cooperation between the IFC, fellow governing councils, and student organizations at Valparaiso University; and
- Promote mutual cooperation between the IFC and Valparaiso University, its students, faculty, staff, and local community.
The Interfraternity Council meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month during the academic year. Meetings are held in the Christopher Center Board of Directors Room.