The Pathways to Purpose Speaker Series brings dynamic alumni and other exemplary practitioners of leadership and service to campus to help expand student imagination about pursuing purposeful work and a meaningful life in response to the deepest challenges of our time.
Pathways to Purpose events offer a variety of touchpoints for students, faculty, and members of the Valparaiso community, including informal conversations around lunch or dinner, classroom visits, interview-format discussions, and formal presentations. We welcome a wide cross-section of attendees, believing that when we bring together students, professors and people engaged in these issues outside a university context, we generate the most momentum for engagement, learning, and change.
Playlist of Video From P2P 2018-19
Previous Pathways to Purpose speakers cover a wide range of disciplines and interests. Past guests include:
- Robert Egger, Founder of LA Kitchen
- Matt Kramer, co-CEO of Teach for America
- Carolyn Woo, President & CEO of Catholic Relief Services
- Jim Walker, Founder and Executive Director of the BigCar Collaborative
- Rozella Haydee White, Public Theologian
- Derrick Feldmann, lead researcher and creator of The Millennial Impact Project
- Anna DeLuna ’11, Director of Business Development for Edovo
- James Clarke, Director of Ghana Programs for Unite for Sight
- Mike Del Ponte, social entrepreneur and founder of SOMA Water
- Andy Nunemaker ’91, philanthropist and CEO of Dynamis Software Corporation
If you have an interest in participating in a Pathways to Purpose event — as a speaker, attendee or co-host — please contact Thais Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.