The Pathways to Purpose Speaker Series is one of the central programs of Valparaiso University’s Institute for Leadership and Service. Each semester, Pathways to Purpose brings dynamic alumni and other exemplary practitioners of leadership and service to campus to help expand student imagination about pursuing purposeful work and a meaningful life in response to the deepest challenges of our time.
Pathways to Purpose events offer a variety of touchpoints for students, faculty, and members of the Valparaiso community, including informal conversations around lunch or dinner, classroom visits, interview-format discussions, and formal presentations. We welcome a wide cross-section of attendees, believing that when we bring together students, professors and people engaged in these issues outside a university context, we generate the most momentum for engagement, learning, and change.
Playlist of Video From P2P Spring 2018
Previous Pathways to Purpose speakers cover a wide range of disciplines and interests. Past guests include:
- Robert Egger, Founder of LA Kitchen
- Matt Kramer, co-CEO of Teach for America
- Carolyn Woo, President & CEO of Catholic Relief Services
- Jim Walker, Founder and Executive Director of the BigCar Collaborative
- Rozella Haydee White, Public Theologian
- Derrick Feldmann, lead researcher and creator of The Millennial Impact Project
- Anna DeLuna ’11, Director of Business Development for Edovo
- James Clarke, Director of Ghana Programs for Unite for Sight
- Mike Del Ponte, social entrepreneur and founder of SOMA Water
- Andy Nunemaker ’91, philanthropist and CEO of Dynamis Software Corporation
If you have an interest in participating in a Pathways to Purpose event — as a speaker, attendee or co-host — please contact Thais Carter at email@example.com.