Vietnam

Best memories from your Valpo days: 

Before Valpo, I was shy and timid, but Valpo helped me grow and transform into someone I always wanted to be an outgoing and inspiring person. Besides focusing on maintaining my academic performance and scholarship, I was constantly inspired by the people around me to contribute in many student organizations and campus offices.

Besides the annual World Banquet preparation, one of my best memories from Valpo was VISA’s Great Gatsby Spring Gala during my sophomore year in 2014. One of my fellow VISA e-board members asked me for some crazy idea for a spring event since we just passed a hideous winter. With my artsy and very random mind, I told her that I was obsessed with The Great Gatsby movie at that time, so why not take it to the next level and bring it off campus on a party bus or even a boat (as a joke of course). Surprisingly, a week after, she came back to me and said we had a budget and approval from the student senate to make it happen and the rest was history. We had a time of our life on the Chicago river cruise!

After my graduation in 2016, I decided to move to Chicago and began a new chapter of real-life experiences. I interned at Prak-sis Contemporary Art Gallery (under the Contemporary Art Association and G-Art Case International) as Gallery Assistant for a few months. Not long after, I was offered a new position as Head Assistant at Darryll Schiff Fine Art Studio. To me, it was indeed one of the best post-graduate experiences possible to be working for such a well-established and professional Fine Art Photographer like Darryll.

I am now ready to move forward to my Master in Art Education in one of the best art schools in the country.

• Name: MyLinh Mac
  • Graduated: May 2016
  • Degree: B.A., Art
  • Current Program of Study: Master of Arts Education, Art Institute of Chicago
  • Contact Email mylinh.mac@valpo.edu

Send this to a friend