Best memories from your Valpo days:

Memories from my Valpo days still vividly appear in my mind. When I first arrived in

Valpo all by myself, the warm welcome from the international student ambassadors and the events that VISA and the OIP put together for all the fresh international students are truly so valuable to my Valpo experience. This warm welcome helped me to be more involved in the community and become a confident leader.

I just finished up an AIESEC volunteer project in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand, teaching English to children in kindergarten and elementary school. It’s been a life-changing experience volunteering abroad and learning to live in a different culture and meeting the kindest people. I am fortunate to have met the sweetest students, teachers, and host family in Thailand to make this summer a wonderful memory. In the fall, I am going to start my new journey at ASU for my master degree and I can’t wait to see what the world has in store for me!

I’d love to answer any questions you have regarding international student life in Valpo!

• Name: Yixian Liu
  • Graduated: May 2016
  • Degree: B.S., International Business and Communication
  • Current Program of Study: I worked in communications and business for a year in Chicago, Las Vegas, and L.A., and now am starting a Master’s in Business Analytics at Arizona State University
  • Contact Email – cindyleo2010@gmail.com