Invitation Letter Templates
Invitation letters from Valparaiso University to a U.S. consulate are not a requirement in order for guests to be granted a B-2 visitor’s visa. International Programs does not issue invitation letters for international students. See this government webpage for details on required documents for a B1/B2 visitor’s visa. However, students can create their own invitation letters by using one of the following templates. Students can prove their current F-1/J-1 status by attaching the documents listed below to their invitation letter.
When using the template, follow these directions:
- Fill in the requested information (highlighted in blue) with you and your guest(s’) information
- Once you have completed the template, change the font to black (Ctrl+A to highlight the whole document; change the font to black)
- Deliver to guest(s). You may choose to verify your student status at Valparaiso University with any of the following documentation:
- a copy of your passport
- a copy of your most recent F-1/J-1 visa
- a copy of your recently signed I-20 or DS-2019
- a proof of your enrollment at Valparaiso University, such as one of the following…
- Official transcript (available on DataVU)
- Printout of schedule of classes, academic/course record, or degree audit from DataVU
- Printouts from DataVU are not official documents. They will not be signed by any Valpo staff or faculty member for the purpose of enrollment verification.
- Enrollment Verification from the DataVU (on the main Students page)
- This document is only one of several forms of documentation possible and is not required for your friend/relative’s visa interview.
- If you have already signed up to participate in an upcoming commencement ceremony, that can also be reflected on the verification letter.