September 18, 2018
Fall semester is upon us, along with the season for everything pumpkin spice. And while the Office of Continuous Improvement can’t provide unlimited PSLs to you, we can help you document your department’s processes more effectively. These sessions, designed to help you use the Confluence documentation system better, have been very successful the past several months. All workshops noted below will be held in CLIR 261 B, and you can RSVP for as many or as few sessions as you wish by visiting the Bookwhen reservation system at https://bookwhen.com/valpo.
These sessions give you an overview of the Confluence system structure along with a brief how-to session. Rachel Rivera, technical document specialist, presents the same information at all training sessions to ensure all Confluence users have the same basics on how to best use the system.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, 10 a.m. – noon
- Friday, Oct. 19, 10 a.m. – noon
These sessions provide you with reduced-distraction time to work on your documentation projects away from your normal desk responsibilities. Additionally, Rachel is available to assist you, should you have any questions or problems while using Confluence.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 10 a.m. – noon
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, 1 – 2:15pm
- Friday, Nov. 2, 1 – 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m. – noon
WHY WE OFFER THESE SESSIONS
These sessions present best practices to use when documenting the way your department works, so that you can:
- Understand processes used by your department and others when interacting with each other;
- Learn and document processes for succession planning (e.g. retirements);
- Cross-train for coverage during vacations, illness and busy seasons; and
- Help yourself remember ALL the steps in a process that may happen once a year or months apart.
Reserve your spot by visiting the Bookwhen reservation system at https://bookwhen.com/valpo so we can ensure enough seats for everyone. We look forward to seeing you there!