How can I get help?
Information Technology offers a variety of services to help the Valpo community with technology. If you don’t know who to ask, contact the Help Desk! Depending on the nature of the problem, your issue may be resolved over the phone, by having a technician troubleshoot at the desk, or through one-on-one consulting. You can reach the IT Help Desk in multiple ways:
- Online via our ITicket system,
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- By phone at 219.464.5678, or
- In person at the Christopher Center for Library and Information Resources (CCLIR) — bring your photo ID with you! The Help Desk is located on the first floor between the main computer cluster and Grinders coffee shop.
When requesting help, please be sure to describe your issue completely and with as many details as possible, as this will help us better and more quickly assist you. Also, please provide complete and accurate contact information so that we may reach you for follow-up.
Help Desk Hours
Help Desk hours are set according to the academic calendar, holidays, and semester breaks. Current hours are listed below, and are also available on the Help Desk phone tree; call 219.464.5678 and press 1.
Regular semester hours are as follows:
- Mondays through Thursdays: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Fridays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sundays, 12 noon – 8 p.m.
IT has regular maintenance windows in order to maintain our services. Please check the maintenance window schedule to ensure the service you are trying to access isn’t simply down for maintenance.
Problems when the Help Desk isn’t open? When the IT Help Desk is not open, you may submit requests online, via email, or through voicemail (see contact information above). We’ll respond to your request as soon as possible during normal business hours. To report a large-scale computer or telephone system problem affecting multiple people outside of normal Help Desk hours, please contact VUPD at 219.464.5430. The Help Desk does NOT monitor email 24×7.