Continuing Remote Work
From: COO David Phelps
To: Faculty and Staff
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 7:30 a.m.
In light of President Heckler’s email yesterday morning, I am writing to provide continuing guidance on the remote work practices of Valparaiso University as recommended by the Governor in his reopening plan for Indiana. We have noted some units of the University planning to resume activities independent of the University’s repopulating plan. At this time, essential employees will continue to be the only ones on campus, and campus buildings will remain closed.
The University’s task force teams are working hard on plans to reopen campus, placing the health and safety of all members of our Valpo community as our top priority. We are continuing to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local health authorities as we discern our path going forward. We do not intend to resume on campus operations all at once, rather we will identify units and have a staged process to reopen. Employees will receive a questionnaire prior to returning, following up on any COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to others who have tested positive or are presumed positive in the prior 14-day period.
Until your supervisor contacts you to discuss the process for reopening your work area, please continue to work remotely unless otherwise directed.
I am grateful for your continued understanding and efforts on behalf of Valparaiso University during this time. I look forward to when we can reconvene on campus together. The work you continue to put forth is tremendous, and I thank you for your patience and grace.
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Past Updates
- The Final Weeks of the Semester
- COVID-19 Updates
- Staying on Course
- Updates to COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall