COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
From: Scott Harrison/Human Resources
To: Faculty and Staff
Posted: February 8, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.
All of our COVID-19 policies are developed to protect the campus community and continue our in-person success. Faculty, staff, and coaches are employees of the University and role models to our students. When we follow the CDC/Indiana State Department of Health guidance for wearing face coverings and physical distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19, we can expect continued and improved compliance by our students.
- The University is following CDC and Indiana Health Department guidance for use of face coverings and physical distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Face coverings need to cover both the mouth and nose.
- Employees are expected to exercise physical distancing to the extent possible.
- Interactions between employees with less than 6 feet of physical distancing should be limited in their frequency and duration.
- Supervisors need to lead by example and reinforce the COVID-19 safety practices, including the use of disciplinary action depending on the circumstances and seriousness of the violation.
- The University will continue to operate under its current protocols for the foreseeable future, with appropriate modifications as indicated by the CDC or Indiana State Department of Health implemented as necessary.
- Those who have had the COVID-19 virus, even if they are within the immunity window of 90 days following recovery, can still be carriers and transmitters of the virus and are expected to comply with the University’s safety protocols while on campus.
- The introduction of vaccines to the COVID-19 response is a promising and important step in returning the campus to more normal, in-person operations. However, it is not an overnight fix. Even those who have received an approved COVID-19 vaccine can still be carriers and transmitters of the virus. Receiving the vaccination does not remove the responsibilities for following the University’s safety protocols while on campus.
- Campus Messages
- COVID-19 Campus Update
- COVID-19 Response Updates
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
- Returning to Campus Guidelines
- Spring Semester Pre-Arrival COVID Testing Reminder
- COVID-19 Testing Required for Students
- The Final Weeks of the Semester
- COVID-19 Updates
- Staying on Course
- Updates to COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall