COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
From: Scott Harrison/Human Resources
To: Faculty and Staff
Posted: February 8, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.
All of our COVID-19 policies are developed to protect the campus community and continue our in-person success. Faculty, staff, and coaches are employees of the University and role models to our students. When we follow the CDC/Indiana State Department of Health guidance for wearing face coverings and physical distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19, we can expect continued and improved compliance by our students.
- The University is following CDC and Indiana Health Department guidance for use of face coverings and physical distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Face coverings need to cover both the mouth and nose.
- Employees are expected to exercise physical distancing to the extent possible.
- Interactions between employees with less than 6 feet of physical distancing should be limited in their frequency and duration.
- Supervisors need to lead by example and reinforce the COVID-19 safety practices, including the use of disciplinary action depending on the circumstances and seriousness of the violation.
- The University will continue to operate under its current protocols for the foreseeable future, with appropriate modifications as indicated by the CDC or Indiana State Department of Health implemented as necessary.
- Those who have had the COVID-19 virus, even if they are within the immunity window of 90 days following recovery, can still be carriers and transmitters of the virus and are expected to comply with the University’s safety protocols while on campus.
- The introduction of vaccines to the COVID-19 response is a promising and important step in returning the campus to more normal, in-person operations. However, it is not an overnight fix. Even those who have received an approved COVID-19 vaccine can still be carriers and transmitters of the virus. Receiving the vaccination does not remove the responsibilities for following the University’s safety protocols while on campus.
- Campus Messages
- Updated COVID-19 Protocols
- Lifting Mask Mandate
- Mask Mandate Update – Students
- Mask Mandate Update – Faculty/Staff
- Register Now for Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Clinic on May 7
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus Event Group Size Update
- On-Campus Vaccinations Available April 21, 24
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information and Feedback Request
- Beginning Phased Relaxation of COVID-19 Restrictions
- Return to In-Person Instruction
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/11/21
- Faculty & Staff COVID-19 Screening
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/8/21
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/1/21
- COVID-19 Response Updates
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
- Returning to Campus Guidelines
- Spring Semester Pre-Arrival COVID Testing Reminder
- COVID-19 Testing Required for Students