COVID-19 Vaccination Information and Feedback Request
From: Incident Command Team
Posted: April 6, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
Welcome back to campus. We hope you were able to take some time to recharge and rest. As we prepare for the final five weeks of the Spring semester, we wanted to share some COVID-19 vaccination information with you and ask for your feedback.
The University is currently exploring the option of offering the COVID-19 vaccine to students on campus. Please complete this quick survey about your vaccination interest and status (if you have already started or completed a vaccination program). This information will assist us greatly in developing the best plan to assist our students with their health and well-being. (https://forms.gle/WkGaVjoLbzdWTMNY9)
Also, the State of Indiana has shared that out-of-state students attending an Indiana college or university are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at one of the State’s vaccination program sites. Students who wish to explore vaccination options, can visit https://vaccine.coronavirus.in.gov/en-US/ to register & schedule at a vaccination site. As a related FYI for the community, the Porter County Health Department has announced that they will be hosting a two-day mass vaccination clinic at the Porter County Expo Center on Sunday, April 11 and Monday, April 12 from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Pre-registration is required. (NOTE: as of 4/6/21 – All appointments for Sunday, April 11 have been booked. There are still open appointments for Monday, April 12.) Because this special mass clinic will ONLY offer the Moderna vaccine, and Moderna is not approved for persons ages 16 and 17, they will not be able to participate in this clinic. Please visit this website to review the information and register if interested.
Finally, despite the State of Indiana moving from a mask requirement policy to a mask advisory on April 6, the University’s current COVID-19 Code of Conduct policies and campus-wide mask requirement are still in effect for the remainder of the Spring academic term. Students should be aware that even if they have completed the vaccination process, they are still required to follow the policies and wear a mask. Student Life will continue to hold individuals and groups accountable to the Valpo Vow and our COVID-19 Code of Conduct. Do your part to help everyone, especially your fellow students, finish this challenging academic year together on campus. We can do this as a community Valpo!
Wishing you a successful and healthy final five weeks!
The Incident Command Team
- Campus Messages
- Updated COVID-19 Protocols
- Lifting Mask Mandate
- Mask Mandate Update – Students
- Mask Mandate Update – Faculty/Staff
- Register Now for Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Clinic on May 7
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus Event Group Size Update
- On-Campus Vaccinations Available April 21, 24
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information and Feedback Request
- Beginning Phased Relaxation of COVID-19 Restrictions
- Return to In-Person Instruction
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/11/21
- Faculty & Staff COVID-19 Screening
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/8/21
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/1/21
- COVID-19 Response Updates
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
- Returning to Campus Guidelines
- Spring Semester Pre-Arrival COVID Testing Reminder
- COVID-19 Testing Required for Students