Faculty & Staff COVID-19 Screening
From: Human Resources
To: Faculty and Staff
Posted: March 9, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
Thank you for your recent responses to our survey of on-campus work activities. As part of our continuing Safe Return to Campus strategy for controlling the spread of COVID-19 on campus, we will begin surveillance testing for faculty and staff next week.
The testing pool will be randomly selected each week from employees who meet the following criteria:
- The employee works two or more days on campus.
- The employee has not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days.
- The employee has not received a COVID-19 vaccination and is not currently participating in a COVID-19 vaccination program.
Selected employees will be notified on Fridays and testing will be performed on the following Wednesday between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon in Ballroom A of the Harre Union. Testing will be performed by healthcare providers from Marathon Health (formerly OurHealth) and will be Rapid Tests.
There is no cost to the employee for this testing.
If your circumstances are different from the criteria listed above or if they change after you have been identified for testing, please notify Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the test date and provide supporting documentation if applicable.
Thank you for your continuing efforts, including participation in programs such as this, to help stem the spread of COVID-19. Your contributions of wearing face coverings, practicing physical distancing, monitoring your symptoms, and testing are essential to a safe and successful return to campus.
Reporting COVID-19 Vaccinations & Testing to HR
If you have been tested for COVID-19 and/or have received a COVID-19 vaccination, you can submit the corresponding documentation using this link: Click here. For future reference, this link can also be found by visiting the Human Resources website main page under the scrolling announcements at the bottom of the page.
- Campus Messages
- Updated COVID-19 Protocols
- Lifting Mask Mandate
- Mask Mandate Update – Students
- Mask Mandate Update – Faculty/Staff
- Register Now for Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Clinic on May 7
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus Event Group Size Update
- On-Campus Vaccinations Available April 21, 24
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information and Feedback Request
- Beginning Phased Relaxation of COVID-19 Restrictions
- Return to In-Person Instruction
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/11/21
- Faculty & Staff COVID-19 Screening
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/8/21
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/1/21
- COVID-19 Response Updates
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
- Returning to Campus Guidelines
- Spring Semester Pre-Arrival COVID Testing Reminder
- COVID-19 Testing Required for Students