Fall 2020 Important Dates
From: VP Julie DeGraw
To: Returning Students and Family Members
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
Dear Returning Students and Family Members,
We are so excited that you will be returning to Valpo this fall. This is Julie DeGraw, YOUR Vice President for Student Affairs. The student affairs team is here to ensure your holistic development, learning and growth beyond the classroom and to encourage you to strive toward your fullest potential within an inclusive and supportive community.
The purpose of this email is to update you on important upcoming dates related to moving to campus this fall. As you have heard in previous emails, we are planning to have you on campus in person this fall and have created a compressed academic calendar. Most of you are likely wondering what this means for when you will be allowed to return to campus. Important dates for you to be aware of for starting the fall 2020 semester are listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: MOVE IN TIMES FOR RETURNING STUDENTS ARE DIFFERENT THAN IN PREVIOUS YEARS.
Tuesday, August 11: Last FOCUS Orientation session for new students.
Wednesday, August 12: New student Move-In Day and start of Welcome Week activities.
Thursday, August 13 — Sunday, August 16: Returning student Move-In.
To allow for physical distancing and other safety measures, we will be assigning times to returning students for move in over this time period. Additional information on assigned days and times for move in will be coming at a later date.
Monday, August 17: Classes begin.
Students who are working with programming and employment that call for an early move in will be contacted by your supervisors/program planners to let you know when you will be expected to move to campus.
Please be assured that we are busy preparing for your arrival and will have many safety precautions in place. We will need your help in creating a safe and welcoming environment for yourself and others by doing your part. More information will be coming to you soon with the specifics of these community commitments.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Julie DeGraw, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Campus Messages
- COVID-19 Response Updates
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
- Returning to Campus Guidelines
- Spring Semester Pre-Arrival COVID Testing Reminder
- COVID-19 Testing Required for Students
- The Final Weeks of the Semester
- COVID-19 Updates
- Staying on Course
- Updates to COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall