Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
From: Student Health Center
Posted: September 7, 2020 at 9:40 a.m.
Thank you for your commitment to keeping our campus safe and healthy and upholding the standards set forth in the Valpo Vow.
As we continue to navigate a global pandemic and are now approaching the annual flu season, Valparaiso University will require every student to receive a flu vaccination this year. Due to the overlapping symptoms of COVID-19, a flu outbreak could lead to unnecessary confusion and make it more difficult for the University to monitor the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
There are at least three possible opportunities to receive your flu vaccine:
- All students can receive a flu vaccine through the Student Health Center. Please call 219-464-5060 to schedule an appointment as drop-in appointments are not allowed due to the COVID-19 protocols. With most insurance plans, the cost is covered 100% when you receive the flu vaccine at the Student Health Center, and a claim will be submitted to your insurance on file. There will also be a self-pay option of $40.00 that can be applied to your student account if you choose not to use insurance.
- The Student Health Center is sponsoring on-campus drop-in vaccination clinics in the Christopher Center Community Room on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 9 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Thursday, September 17 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Please bring your Valpo ID and insurance card to the vaccination clinic.
- You may schedule a flu vaccine at one of the national pharmacy chains offering a no-cost vaccine program with most insurances. Because flu vaccines are a preventative care option, there is typically no co-pay so long as a qualified medical provider, other than the pharmacist, performs the injection. With this option, or if you receive the vaccination through another medical provider, you will need to provide proof of vaccination to the Student Health Center before Monday, October 12, 2020. All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and all records are confidential.
All students must have received the flu vaccine from the Student Health Center, or have documented the vaccination using the email@example.com email, no later than Monday, October 12, 2020. Any students not complying with this expectation will have a hold placed on their student account that will prevent registration for the Spring 2021 semester until the requirement is met.
- Campus Messages
- The Final Weeks of the Semester
- COVID-19 Updates
- Staying on Course
- Updates to COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall