Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
From: Scott Harrison/Human Resources
To: Faculty and Staff
Posted: September 7, 2020 at 9:36 a.m.
Thank you for your commitment to keeping our campus safe and healthy and upholding the standards set forth in the Valpo Vow.
As we continue to navigate a global pandemic and are now approaching the annual flu season, Valparaiso University will require every full- and part-time faculty and staff member to receive a flu vaccination this year. Due to the overlapping symptoms of COVID-19, a flu outbreak could lead to unnecessary confusion and make it more difficult for the University to monitor the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
There are at least three possible no-cost opportunities to receive your flu vaccine:
- If you are eligible to use the OurHealth Clinic, you may schedule your flu vaccine through the Patient Portal.
- You may schedule a flu vaccine at one of the national pharmacy chains offering a no-cost vaccine program. Because flu vaccines are a preventative care option there is no co-pay so long as a qualified medical provider, other than the pharmacist, performs the injection. With this option, or if you receive the vaccination through another medical provider, you will need to provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources before Oct. 30. All submissions to Human Resources are confidential.
- The University is sponsoring an on-campus vaccination clinic through Occuvax in mid-October. You do not need to utilize the University’s health insurance plans to receive the free vaccination through Occuvax. Further details about the onsite vaccination clinic, including how to sign up, will be sent out shortly.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Messages
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall