Mask Mandate Update – Students
From: Valparaiso University
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 2 p.m.
We are pleased to share that in response to the newly released CDC guidelines, beginning this fall Valpo students who are fully vaccinated can gather in groups and will not be required to wear masks on campus. There is light on the horizon and a return to a more “normal” academic year is within reach.
As a reminder, Valparaiso University will require every full-time, part-time, or audit student to complete a COVID-19 vaccination program by Aug. 1, 2021. Student-athletes who participate in fall sports must be fully vaccinated by July 1. All students must send proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any students who fail to complete a vaccination program will be unable to return to campus and participate in on-campus classes for the 2021 fall semester until the requirement is met. If you need to request a medical or religious exemption from this required vaccination, or have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com. For the health and safety of those that qualify for an exemption, and for the health and safety of our campus community, you may be subject to regular COVID-19 testing, isolation, quarantine, or other measures consistent with CDC guidance.
A vaccinated campus in combination with these new recommendations means that you can look forward to the full campus experience you’ve come to expect at Valpo. Learning alongside classmates in fully in-person classes and lab experiences. Late nights in the residence halls laughing with your friends. Cheering on the Brown and Gold at athletic games and gatherings. Socializing and volunteering at student organization events. Joining friends for group fitness classes. Fraternity and Sorority Life social events and formals. Hugging your Valpo family.
We’re so proud of all you’ve accomplished this year and can’t wait to see you back on campus this fall.
- Campus Messages
- Lifting Mask Mandate
- Mask Mandate Update – Students
- Mask Mandate Update – Faculty/Staff
- Register Now for Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Clinic on May 7
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus Event Group Size Update
- On-Campus Vaccinations Available April 21, 24
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information and Feedback Request
- Beginning Phased Relaxation of COVID-19 Restrictions
- Return to In-Person Instruction
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/11/21
- Faculty & Staff COVID-19 Screening
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/8/21
- COVID-19 Campus Update - 3/1/21
- COVID-19 Response Updates
- COVID-19 Surveillance Testing
- COVID-19 Protocol Reminders
- Returning to Campus Guidelines
- Spring Semester Pre-Arrival COVID Testing Reminder
- COVID-19 Testing Required for Students