Returning to Campus
From: VP Julie DeGraw
Posted: July 2, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
We continue to formalize plans for this fall and are looking forward to seeing you in person. In an on-going effort to keep you informed, I have a number of updates to provide to you in this email. Please be sure to read through this information as it is important to know before you arrive on campus.
Plans for Dining
The University will be providing expanded seating areas, food service locations and meal options this fall to accommodate the need for physical distancing. Reusable ecofriendly to-go containers for all students will also be provided and food service protocols have been expanded. You can see the details regarding these plans at this link.
Visitor Policy for Campus
Visitors to campus this fall will be limited and will need to follow our Visitor Policy. All visitors will need to check in at one of 3 locations, wear masks and answer screening questions. This policy also outlines how we will handle visitors to chapel and Sunday worship.
The visitor policy for those living in the Residence Halls was sent previously and can be found here.
Updated Housing Agreement and Refund Schedule
The Residence Life Staff is excited to provide an amazing on-campus housing experience. But we also need to plan for what must happen regarding housing if we would need to close the residence halls because of an increase in positive cases of COVID-19 on campus. As such, you will find how the University would handle refunds of room and board should you be required to leave campus here.
Code of Conduct Expectations
The Valpo community is an amazing place to learn, live and grow and I know you all are excited to return to campus. We will be ready to provide many exciting opportunities for you, but as I have had to remind myself frequently, it will be very different. I am confident we all can live up to the high expectations we have for the behaviors and changes that will be required when we return in the fall. It is important for those expectations to be clear. As such, please read through the COVID-19 Code of Conduct which clearly outlines the additional expectations we have of all members of the community this fall. I know we can all do our part as this is the Valpo way.
As always, feel free to address any questions or concerns to me and I will respond as soon as possible. Please continue to check your email for additional updates coming in the near future.
Julie DeGraw, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Past Updates
- The Final Weeks of the Semester
- COVID-19 Updates
- Staying on Course
- Updates to COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall