The Final Weeks of the Semester
From: Interim President-Elect Irwin-Knott
To: Students, Faculty, and Staff
Posted: November 10, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Out of an abundance of caution, and due to the increased presence of COVID-19 cases and concerns in the Northwest Indiana community and on our campus, Valparaiso University has made the following changes effective for the remaining days of the fall semester.
As of 9 p.m. tomorrow, Nov. 11, the remainder of class meetings and finals for the semester will be conducted virtually with online modalities. If a student wishes to take a final in person, they may request accommodations with their professors.
Students may choose to leave campus now or complete the remainder of the semester on campus before returning home at the end of the finals period. Dining services and residence halls remain available for those on campus. University residences will close as scheduled at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25. The Christopher Center and academic spaces will remain open for academic pursuits to those on campus until the end of business on Tuesday, Nov. 24 with all COVID-19 University protocols remaining in effect.
Finally, in-person gatherings or meetings should be conducted virtually when possible. Gatherings on campus will be limited to no more than 20 people from our on-campus community.
While we all hoped to finish the semester fully in person, we are committed to your health and safety as well as that of our local community. Thank you for your perseverance during this unusual and challenging semester.
- Campus Messages
- The Final Weeks of the Semester
- COVID-19 Updates
- Staying on Course
- Updates to COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- COVID-19 Community Concern Reporting Form
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Students
- Flu Vaccination Required for Valparaiso University Employees
- Campus COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Behavior Expectations
- Active Positive COVID-19 Cases on the Valparaiso University Campus
- Important COVID-19 Information
- Clarification on Quarantines
- Thermometers Available
- #CampusClear Self-Screening App
- Fall 2020 Classroom Practices
- Athletics – Safe Return to Campus
- Safely Reopening Guidelines for Faculty
- Returning to Campus
- Return to Campus Guidelines
- Recommendations for a Safe Return to Campus
- Staying Healthy in Times of Uncertainty and Injustice
- Fall 2020 Important Dates
- 2020 Welcome Week Information
- Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
- Continuing Remote Work
- A Safe Return to Campus This Fall