COVID-19 Campus Visitor Policy Considerations
Last Updated: 7/2/20
Timeline: Effective until further notice.
Policy may change at any time based on advice from the Porter County Health Department and Indiana State Department of Health to adjust and refine University-wide plans as the situation evolves and align resources accordingly.
Access to the Valparaiso University buildings and activities is restricted to current faculty, staff, students, and invited guests. Invited guests are defined as follows:
- Parents and immediate family members of current students.
- Designated vendors and service operators with essential campus business.
- Ride-hailing and food delivery drivers when requested by faculty, staff, or students, provided they remain in their vehicles.
- Prospective students and their families when invited by Admissions staff.
- Prospective student-athletes and their families and coaches when invited by Athletic staff.
- Admitted students and their families when invited by Student Affairs.
- Guest presenters in academic classes when invited by a faculty member.
- Individuals with an appointment to conduct business in a university office.
- Visiting athletic teams for competition and practice.
Exceptions: Requests for access to campus by other guests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the desired visit, with a location and reason for visit. Requests will be reviewed during normal business hours.
Invited guests must check in and answer the screening questions at the Duesenberg Welcome Center, Harre Union Welcome Desk, or the Valparaiso University Police Department. Any visitor exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be admitted to campus.
Invited guests must wear a face covering and comply with physical distancing practices throughout their visit.
Each invited guest will be issued a numbered “VISITOR BADGE” upon check-in, which must be visible throughout the visit.
All visits to residence halls are governed by the residence hall Guest and Visitation Limitations
All visits to the Helge Center or Chapel of the Resurrection are governed by the Chapel Visitor Policy
Until further notice, spectators will not be admitted to any sports events.