Nine students from the mathematics and statistics department were recognized for their academic, cocurricular, and extracurricular achievements at the annual Mathematics and Statistics awards dinner on Sunday, April 24.
The honorees include:
- Breanna Struss – Arthur Hallerberg scholarship
- Brian Thompson – Martin Mundt scholarship
- Jordan Bauer – Harold and Elizabeth Denig scholarship
- Matt Klapman – Kermit Carlson scholarship
- Bill Mackelfresh and Nichole Smith – Sigma award
- Danny Groth – excellence in Actuarial Science award
- Nathaniel Bouman – Howard Hughes prize
- Abby Kenyon – Nancy and Robert Nagel award
More information about each of these scholarships can be found at valpo.edu/mathematics-statistics/apply/scholarships-and-awards.