Travel to Valparaiso
Permutation Patterns 2022 will be held on the campus of Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana.
For those driving, Valparaiso is located conveniently near interstates I-65, I-80, I-90, and I-94.
For those flying, the most convenient airports are Chicago O’Hare (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW).
The following public transportation options are available to get from the Chicago airports to Valparaiso:
Pro: Less complicated
Con: More expensive
Note: May require coordinating with local organizers
- Take the Express Air Bus from Chicago Ohare airport to the Portage station.
- The Portage bus stop for Express Air is at the Best Western Hotel in Portage, Indiana. This is about 20 miles away from Valparaiso. The local organizers will coordinate assistance getting from the bus stop to campus as needed.
Pro: Less expensive, more independence
Con: More complicated
- Take an “L” train from the airport to Millennium Station. (From O’Hare take the blue line, or from Midway take the orange line) https://www.transitchicago.com/planatrip/ (cost ≤ $5)
- Transfer to the South Shore Train: https://www.mysouthshoreline.com/apis/trip-planner and get off at Dune Park Station (cost $9 one way)
- Transfer to the South Shore Connect bus: https://www.ci.valparaiso.in.us/1657/Schedule (cost $1 each way)
- Get off at the University and LaPorte stop.
- If you are staying on-campus, Beacon Hall is located at the University and LaPorte intersection.
(See building 26 on this map.)
If you are staying off-campus, Country Inn and Suites is a short walk east on LaPorte, and is located at the southeast end of the traffic circle in the top right corner of the campus map.