Each year, Valpo’s campus is united with the greater Valparaiso community through a variety of holiday events that invite students, faculty, staff, and friends to join in celebrating the season.
December 2018 events include:
- Christmas Concert: A Carol Festival, Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 1 at 5 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. An annual tradition dating back more than 90 years and featuring more than 200 student performers. Tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and non-Valpo students, and are free to Valpo students, faculty, and staff.
- Julefest, Sunday, Dec. 2, 1 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Features performances by the Valparaiso Community/University Band and the Luce Concert Band. Free and open to the public.
- TUBACHRISTMAS, Sunday, Dec. 2, 3:15 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Enjoy holiday music played by low brass instruments. Cost is $10 per participant; admission is free.
- Jingle Jog, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 4:30 p.m., Harre Union. Hosted by the co-educational service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega, this 1-, 2-, or 3-mile run/walk benefits local charitable organizations.
- Tree Lighting, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 5:30–7 p.m., Harre Union. Visit Santa, enjoy caroling and refreshments, and watch as the tree is lit.
- Advent–Christmas Vespers, Friday, Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. An annual service of lessons and carols. Admission is free, but advanced-seating tickets are required.
The fall 2018 semester culminates in a commencement ceremony Sunday, Dec. 9, at 2:30 p.m. in the Chapel of the Resurrection.