The Valparaiso University music department presents the fall 2019 performance schedule, which focuses on the talents of students, faculty and visiting professors.
Season highlights includes:
- Aruna Quartet, Sept. 21 at 5 p.m., Duesenberg Recital Hall. This quartet was honored as the 2019 Fischoff Competition winners.
- Friendship Lasts Forever Concert, Sept. 22 at 3 p.m., Chicago Symphony Center. This performance showcasing Chinese and American cultures features members from the Chorale and the Chamber Concert Band.
- Homecoming Concerts, Sept. 28, Chapel of the Resurrection. The Chorale, Men’s Ensemble and Women’s Choir will perform a choral concert at 4 p.m., and Valpo’s Symphony Orchestra will perform at 8 p.m.
- Family Weekend Concerts, Oct. 26, Chapel of the Resurrection. The Chamber Concert Band will perform at 4 p.m., and the Community/University Band and Luce Concert Band will perform at 7:30 p.m.
- The Bach Institute at Valparaiso University Concert, Nov. 2 at 5 p.m., Duesenberg Recital Hall. A performance of a selection of Johann Sebastian Bach’s works, including Brandenberg 5.
- Jazz Ensemble, Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m., University Theatre. Valpo’s premier jazz performance ensemble will perform a concert.
- Julefest, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Features performances by the Valparaiso Community/University Band and the Luce Concert Band.
- A Festive Christmas Vespers: Promise Praise Pilgrim, Dec. 6 at 7:30 p.m. and Dec. 7 at 5 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Featuring the music of the Chorale, Women’s Choir, Men’s Ensemble, Kantorei, Chapel Handbell Choir, Chamber Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra, as well as the artwork of He Qe.
- Tuba Christmas, Dec. 8 at 3 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Enjoy holiday music played by low brass instruments.
Additional information, ticket prices and a complete calendar of events is available on the music department’s website.