June 16, 2021 – Valparaiso, Indiana – More than 90% of recent Valpo graduates have secured employment or enrolled in graduate school within nine months of graduation for the 28th straight year. The overall placement rate for 2019–2020 alumni is 94.4%.
Valparaiso University’s Career Center sponsors career preparation opportunities including networking events, mock interviews, panel discussions and professional development workshops. In addition, the Career Center hosts five to six major career fairs each year, with more than 350 total employers in attendance. Of the 2019–2020 respondents, 91% reported using Career Center resources as students.
Achieving a high placement rate even in the midst of a global pandemic, 2019–2020 alumni are employed across the country and around the world, with companies such as Netflix, Caterpillar, Allstate, the Indiana Department of Health, Ford Motor Company, Eli Lilly and Company, Sinclair Broadcast Group and Valparaiso Community Schools.
Highlights of the 2019–2020 Graduate Report include:
- Graduates are working or studying in 31 states and 14 countries outside the United States. More than 87% of 2019–2020 alumni work or attend graduate school in the Midwest.
- The experiential activities rate for 2019–2020 alumni was 81%. This includes undergraduate participation in internships, co-ops, research, capstone projects, clinicals and student teaching.
- Three respondents joined the Armed Forces.
- Two respondents are involved in full-time service through the Peace Corps and AmeriCorps.
- Three graduates were awarded Fulbright grants to teach English abroad in France, Germany and Spain.