Each year, Valpo students, faculty, and staff host a variety of holiday events to unite the campus with the greater Valparaiso community, as together they join in celebrating the season.
December 2017 events include:
- Annual Tree Lighting, Thursday, Nov. 30, 5:30–7 p.m. Visit Santa, enjoy caroling and refreshments, and watch as the tree is lit and fireworks burst over campus.
- Jingle Jog, Thursday, Nov. 30, 5 p.m. Part of the Tree Lighting celebration, this
1-, 2-, or 3-mile run/walk benefits local families. Participants are asked to bring a toy or non-perishable food item as their registration fee.
- Christmas Concert: A Carol Festival, Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. An annual tradition dating back more than 90 years and featuring more than 200 student performers. Tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and non-Valpo students, and are free to Valpo students, faculty, and staff.
- Julefest, Sunday, Dec. 3, 1 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Features performances by the Valparaiso Community/University Band. Free and open to the public.
- TUBACHRISTMAS, Sunday, Dec. 3, 3:15 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Enjoy holiday music played by low brass instruments. Cost is $10 per participant; admission is free.
- Advent–Christmas Vespers, Friday, Dec. 8 at 7 and 10 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. An annual service of lessons and carols. Admission is free, but advanced-seating tickets are required.