The music department at Valparaiso University presents the 2015–2016 performance season, which showcases Valpo’s nationally and internationally recognized ensembles, engaging programs presented by faculty and students, and international guest artists.
- Homecoming Concerts, Sept. 26, Chapel of the Resurrection. Choral Concert at 4 p.m. features the women’s choir, men’s choir, Chorale and Chorale alumni. The Symphony Orchestra performs at 8 p.m.
- “Godspell,” Oct. 8–9 and 16 at 8 p.m. and Oct. 10–11 and 17–18 at 2 p.m., University Theatre. In “Godspell,” a small group of people helps Jesus Christ tell different parables using a variety of games, storytelling techniques and comic timing. The first major musical theatre production from three-time Grammy and Academy Award winner Stephen Schwartz, “Godspell” features beloved songs “Day by Day,” “All Good Gifts,” “By My Side,” and many others.
- Family Weekend Concerts, Oct. 17, Chapel of the Resurrection. The Chamber Concert Band performs at 4 p.m., and the Luce Concert Band and Community/University Concert Band perform at 7:30 p.m.
- Christmas Concert, Dec. 4 at 7:30 p.m. and Dec. 5 at 5 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. The annual celebration features the Chorale, men’s choir, women’s choir, Chamber Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Advent-Christmas Vespers, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. An annual service featuring the Kantorei and handbell choirs of the Chapel.
- St. John Passion, Feb. 20 at 5 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. Valpo student performers join the Leipzig Baroque Orchestra for a special performance at Valpo’s campus, followed by a regional tour through Chicago, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
- Jazz Festival, March 28 – April 2. Performance information will be announced in the spring.
- Sousa Concert, April 30 at 1 p.m., Chapel of the Resurrection. An annual tribute to legendary composer John Philip Sousa.
Visit valpo.edu/music for additional information faculty recitals and ticket prices.