Judges for our Regional Science and Engineering Fair generously donate their time and attention to evaluate and encourage the students in their scientific endeavors.
Our judges come from diverse backgrounds and include professors, engineers, military personnel, educators, mechanical specialists, nurses, retirees, and more!
- If you are interested in volunteering to be a judge for our science fair, please visit our registration page and submit your entry by February 7, 2020.
- If you have experience or knowledge in any of the categories listed below, then you qualify to be a judge!
Please take time to make an impression in the life of a young researcher!
What’s the time commitment for judges?
Judges must report to the Harre Union Ballrooms by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 22, 2020 for registration.
Orientation begins promptly at 8:30 a.m.
A free continental breakfast is provided!
At orientation, judges receive their packets of materials, and Judging Chairs discuss the rules and guidelines for judging. After orientation, judges have one hour to review their projects without students present.
- Official judging with students present at their projects begins promptly at 10 a.m. and lasts until approximately noon.
- Once judging is complete, please join your fellow judges for a complimentary buffet lunch.
- Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to stay for lunch.
- The awards ceremony begins at 4:30 p.m. in the Harre Union Ballrooms, and all judges are welcome to attend.
Senior Division (Grades 9, 10, 11, 12)
- Animal Sciences
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Engineering: Materials & Bioengineering
- Engineering: Electrical & Mechanical
- Energy & Transportation
- Environmental Analysis
- Environmental Management
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medicine & Health Science
- Physics & Astronomy
- Plant Sciences
Junior Division (Grades 6, 7, 8)
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Computers