Rudolph C. Waldschmidt Award
This award is given annually to the outstanding psychology student to honor the memory of Rudolph (Rod) Waldschmidt, founder and longtime chair of the department.
Candidates are invited to submit an application by the department awards committee following a review of the criteria listed below. The recipient receives $100 and is recognized at the annual Spring Picnic. The student also receives a certificate, and her or his name is placed on a plaque on display in the psychology department.
Rudolph C. Waldschmidt Award Criteria
- Senior status (or 25+ credits in psychology)
- 3.75 GPA
- Evidence of scholarship outside the classroom (e.g., independent research)
- Service to the psychology department (e.g., teaching assistant or tutoring)
- Service to the campus community
- Personal statement requested with application