Applying for Graduation
The Graduation Application is required, even for students who do not plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. You can apply up to one year before your last semester. This application begins the degree audit evaluation process and gives you the opportunity to tell us how you would like your name printed on your diploma. Your diploma name must match your current legal name as reflected on your official university record, but you can specify whether to include your middle name, middle initial, etc.
- View your degree audit online at any time. Use the Program Evaluation (degree audit) link, which is located on the Students menu in DataVU.
- Discuss your degree audit with your academic advisor and make a plan of study for the final year of your program.
- Resolve any unmet requirements on your degree audit by adjusting your registration or using the forms available online to request exceptions to the requirements published in the catalog.
- Complete a Graduation Application on the Students menu in DataVU.
- Only students that have submitted a Graduation Application are included in the mailing lists to receive important information about graduation and commencement.
- Information about graduation, commencement, regalia, senior portraits, and more is available online for your convenience.
We look forward to celebrating with you at Commencement!
Graduation Application Deadlines – Undergraduate
- May 2020 – October 1, 2019 *
- August 2020 ** – October 1, 2019 *
- December 2020 – April 1, 2020
- May 2021 – October 1, 2020
* If you intend to complete your program in May or August 2020, please submit your Graduation Application right away to avoid delays in graduation.
** Students who graduate in August participate in the spring commencement ceremony and receive diplomas after final degree requirements are met.