Spring and Summer 2022 Advising and Registration
Registration for Spring and Summer 2022 opens on November 4, 2021. The registration start times have been updated in DataVU. Instructions for viewing your registration start time, adding courses to your study plan, and registering are available online. If you have a hold on your account, resolving the hold will allow you to view your registration start time.
Students who have applied for Fall 2021 graduation were not assigned a registration time. If you will be taking spring or summer classes and did not receive a registration time, please email email@example.com for assistance.
To view the course schedule for Spring and Summer 2022, go to:
DataVU – Students Menu – Registration – Search for Sections
A Knowledge Base article is available regarding the new course section search tool.
To prepare for advising and registration:
- Make an appointment with your primary advisor. Once you finalize the academic plan together, your advisor will update your account to reflect Advisement Complete.
- If you are a Christ College student, please also make an appointment with the Assistant Dean of Christ College.
- If you have an additional major or minor, remember to coordinate with an advisor from that department as well.
- If you have any account holds, resolve them before your registration start time. Account holds (also called Student Restrictions) are now displayed under Notifications in DataVU and appear in a text box at the top, right corner of the Plan & Schedule screen as well as on the Home screen.
- Use this list of Student Restrictions and contact information to reach the relevant office to resolve any hold.
- Only balances of $3,000 or more restrict registration. Student Accounts uses a separate notification for balances under $3,000 that allows registration without delay.
- If you plan to change any majors or minors, submit a Curriculum Change eForm as early as possible. Some courses are reserved for students with a related major or minor.
The Register for Classes in DataVU Student Planning article includes instructions and images to help you use the new registration screens.
Registration services are unavailable between midnight and 7:00 am Central Time for systems maintenance. Registration changes made during this time will result in a message stating “It’s too early for your registration time.” Please retry after the maintenance window.
Your primary advisor and the Office of the Registrar are happy to answer any questions you have as we look forward to the spring and summer semesters.