Grad Finale is an event where graduating students come together to prepare for graduation and commencement.
Be sure to visit the Office of the Registrar table to review the details of your diploma and transcripts before they’re printed! You can also purchase regalia, have a graduation portrait taken, connect with the Alumni Association, learn about graduate programs, explore the benefits of the Center for Career and Professional Development, check for any remaining balance with Student Accounts, and learn from Information Technology about your access after graduation.
Fall 2022 Grad Finale
Harre Union Atrium
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
1 – 5 p.m.
All candidates for December 2022 graduation are invited to attend the Fall 2022 Grad Finale event.
Spring 2023 Grad Finale
Harre Union Atrium
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
1 – 5 p.m.
All candidates for May, August, and December 2023 graduation are invited to attend the Spring 2023 Grad Finale event.
This event is designed to help you prepare for the commencement ceremony and remain a member of the Valpo community after graduation.
If you are unable to attend Grad Finale, you must take care of these items before commencement by contacting the departments directly. Here is a list of opportunities available at Grad Finale:
- Portraits by GradImages
- GradImages will be taking portraits during Grad Finale. You can have several photos taken in academic regalia (cap and gown) or in business attire. You’ll receive an email with a link to your digital proofs within 48 hours (text notification optional). You’ll also receive a color proof image in the mail about a week later. There is no obligation to purchase, and GradImages guarantees satisfaction.
- Sign the Class Banner, which will be on display during Commencement and Homecoming!
- Order your graduation announcements or official class ring through Jostens.
- Review your degree information and diploma name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Use the Center for Career and Professional Development’s resources as you search for a job and move through your career — they work with alumni and current students!
- Also, the First Destination Survey helps the University better understand the postgraduate pursuits of Valpo alumni, specifically our recent graduates. Please take two minutes to complete the survey online regarding your plans after graduation.
- Learn about user accounts for graduates from Information Technology.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- All graduating students who have borrowed Federal Direct Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
The following offices also attend Grad Finale to provide helpful information to graduates
- Alumni Relations
- Graduate Office
- University Guild
- Residential Life (Housing)
- Annual Giving
- Valpo Admission Network
- Senior Planning Council