The Office of Residential Life has partnered with Collegiate Concepts to furnish each traditional residence hall room with a leased MicroFridge unit. A MicroFridge an all-in-one combination refrigerator, freezer, and microwave oven engineered with Safe Plug technology to save electricity and reduce the risk of overloading circuits.
Student rooms in the Promenade Apartments, Kade Dusenberg German House, and Sorority Housing Complex will not be furnished with a MicroFridge unit as residents of these communities have access to community kitchen spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a MicroFridge?
- A MicroFridge an all-in-one combination refrigerator, freezer, and microwave oven engineered with Safe Plug technology to save electricity and reduce the risk of overloading circuits.
- Can I bring my own fridge?
- Students whose rooms are furnished with a MicroFridge should not bring a fridge or microwave as one is provided; additional units are not allowed in student rooms as they may overdraw electrical outlets.
- Do I need to sign up for one?
- No, a MicroFridge unit will be in your room when you move in.
- What do I do if the MicroFridge needs to be serviced or repaired?
- If there is an issue with your unit, please place a work order through your Housing Self-Service. College Concepts handles maintenance of the MicroFridges and will work with our campus representative to come out and service the units.
- How do I maintain my unit?
- When the residence halls close for breaks, 24 hours before departure, remove all food, unplug, and defrost the unit. At the end of the academic year, all MicroFridge units must be cleaned to the standard in which they were provided and clean of all food, ice, and residue. Failure to return the unit to the original condition will result in a $150 fine assessed to the student’s account.
- What are the dimensions?
- Height: 32 1/2″ without the microwave, 42 1/2″ with microwave
- Width: 18 1/4″
- Depth: 19″
- Height: 10”
- Width: 10 1/4”
- Depth: 10 1/4” up to the door, 11 1/4” with the door