On-campus housing is available for students as space permits. Students must be registered in a credit-bearing academic course while residing in summer housing. Guild-Memorial will be used for Summer Housing.
Guild- Memorial amenities include air-conditioning, internet, cable, furnished rooms, community laundry rooms, and community kitchens. Residence Hall rooms are provided with the necessary furniture, but students must supply their own bedding, pillows, towels, kitchen utensils, pots, pans, lamps etc.
While summer housing is optional, once the student signs the summer housing agreement it is a binding contract for the specified summer session(s) noted on the agreement that obligates the student to live in University-operated residence halls for that full summer session(s). Students who are starting classes on other dates must check with the Office of Residential Life when submitting applications.
Summer Housing Information and Dates:
Session I: Monday, May 18-Saturday, June 27
- Students residing in Summer Housing for Session I MUST complete an Extended Stay Application to stay in their current housing from Wednesday, May 13-Monday, May 18. Extended Stay Applications will be available until Monday, May 4 at 5pm via Housing Self-Service.
- All students residing in Summer I housing will reside in temporary housing in Alumni Hall for approximately 2 weeks, until space is ready in Guild Memorial.
- If a student is only in summer housing for Session I, the student must check out of their residence hall space by Noon on Saturday, June 27.
Session II: Sunday, June 28-Saturday, August 8
- Students residing in Summer II housing ONLY can check in starting at Noon on Sunday, June 28.
- All students will be expected to move out of summer housing by noon on Saturday, August 8.
Summer Housing Applications are available online through DataVU. Students then access their Housing Self-Service and complete the “Summer 1 and-or Summer 2 On-Campus Housing Application”. Applications are due by Monday, April 29, 2019.
Summer Housing Applications are due by Monday, April 27, 2020.
Cost of Summer Housing
$1350 per Summer Session
To request a specific roommate for summer housing, both you and your desired roommate will need to have the Summer Housing Application complete to request each other. Upon completing your application, visit the “Room Selection” tab in Housing Self-Service and search for your desired roommate under the “Roommate/Suitemate” option.
When you find your roommate(s) you will request them which will send them an email notification. Your roommate(s) will need to log into their Housing Self-Service to confirm you as their roommate. All students must be mutually matched to be considered as roommate pairs.
Terms of Housing Agreement
The summer school agreement is for the entire summer session(s) as indicated below. The University will attempt to but cannot guarantee to assign space according to the preference indicated. Assignments are made without regard to race, color, or national origin. The Housing Agreement is a binding contract that obligates the student to live in University operated residence halls for the full term or remainder thereof, as indicated by the student on this form.
The University reserves the right to make changes in residence hall assignments if necessary for the most effective accommodation of the student body.