On-campus housing is available for students as space permits. Students must be registered in a credit-bearing academic course while residing in summer housing. Uptown East Apartments- Building 2 will be used for Summer Housing.
Apartment amenities include air-conditioning, internet, cable, furnished living room with television, kitchen with all major appliances, washer/dryer unit and private bedroom with full-sized bed and private bathroom. Apartments are provided with the necessary furniture, but students must supply their own bedding, pillows, towels, kitchen utensils, pots, pans, lamps etc.
While summer housing is optional, once the student signs the summer housing agreement it is a binding contract for the specified summer session(s) noted on the agreement that obligates the student to live in University-operated residence halls for that full summer session(s). Students who are starting classes on other dates must check with the Office of Residential Life when submitting applications.
Summer Housing Information and Dates:
Session I: Monday, May 20-Saturday, June 29
- Students residing in Summer Housing for Session I MUST complete an Extended Stay Application to stay in their current housing from Wednesday, May 15-Monday, May 20. Extended Stay Applications will be available until Monday, May 6 at 5 pm via Housing Self-Service.
- All students residing in Summer I housing will reside in temporary housing in Scheele or Alumni Hall for approximately 2 weeks until space is ready in the Uptown East Apartments.
- If a student is only in summer housing for Session I, the student must check out of their residence hall space by Noon on Saturday, June 29.
Session II: Sunday, June 30-Saturday, August 10
- Students residing in Summer II housing ONLY can check in starting at Noon on Sunday, June 30.
- All students residing in Summer II housing will reside in the Uptown East Apartments until noon Sunday, July 28. They will transition to Alumni Hall for the remainder of the summer session, to prepare spaces for the upcoming Academic year.
- All students will be expected to move out of summer housing by noon on Saturday, August 10.
Summer Housing Applications are available online through DataVU. Students then access their Housing Self-Service and complete the “Summer 1 and-or Summer 2 On-Campus Housing Application”. Applications are due by Monday, April 29, 2019.
Cost of Summer Housing
$1620 per Summer Session
To request a specific roommate for summer housing, both you and your desired roommate will need to have the Summer Housing Application complete to request each other. Upon completing your application, visit the “Room Selection” tab in Housing Self-Service and search for your desired roommate under the “Roommate/Suitemate” option.
When you find your roommate(s) you will request them which will send them an email notification. Your roommate(s) will need to log into their Housing Self-Service to confirm you as their roommate. All students must be mutually matched to be considered as roommate pairs.
The University reserves the right to make changes in residence hall assignments if necessary for the most effective accommodation of the student body.