Assistant Professor of Social Work
Heidbrink Hall 102 C
- Ph.D. The University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- A.M The University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- A.M. The University of Chicago Master of Arts Program in the Social Sciences
- B.A. Lawrence University
- Berlin, S. B., & Barden, J. E. (2000). Thinking differently: The cognitive-integrative approach to changing a mind. In P. Allen-Meares & C. Garvin (Eds.), The handbook of social work direct practice (pp. 175-196). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Costello, J., Barden J., & Howard E. (1995). Does Youth Worker Training Work? Chicago.
The Chapin Hall Center for Children at the University of Chicago.
- Costello, J., Berg P., & Barden J. (1994). New Approaches to Serving Severely Disturbed Children and
Adolescents. Chicago. The Chapin Hall Center for Children at The University of Chicago.
Barden, J. E. & Jenuwine, M. J. (2001). Ordinary resurrections: Children in the years of hope by Jonathan Kozol. Residential Treatment for Children and Youth, 19 (1), 94-97.
Social Work and Law, Organization Theory and Behavior, Cognitive-Integrative Theory, Human Behavior in the Social Environment, Implicit Curriculum Evaluation
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Society for Social Work Research (SSWR)
- Field Instructor of the Year- 012
Indiana University School of Social Work South Bend
- Dissertation Fellowship
University of Chicago
School of Social Service Administration
- Mental Health Services Research Training Program Fellow
National Institute of Mental Health
- Scholl Fellow in Child Policy Research
Chapin Hall Center for Children