In recognition of her exceptional teaching, Dr. Danielle Lavin-Loucks, Associate Professor of Sociology and Criminology at Valparaiso University, received the North Central Sociological Association’s 2017 John F. Schnabel Distinguished Contributions to Teaching Award.
The principal criterion for the award is excellence in some activity enhancing the teaching of sociology for the NCSA or within the North Central region.
The selection criteria:
Candidates should exhibit teaching excellence in a variety of capacities, including with students, with colleagues, and for the NCSA. As such, the selection committee looks for evidence that candidates have a record of:
- sharing pioneering innovations in curriculum design;
- developing creative instructional materials;
- publishing and/or presentations about teaching sociology;
- contributing to the teaching emphasis of NCSA;
- facilitating faculty developmental efforts.