VALPO International Students
Important: Bring your immunization records from your country! All records must be in English. You will need your records for proof of immunizations!
Welcome to Valparaiso University!
The Valparaiso University Student Health Center provides professional health care for qualifying students and wellness programs for all students. We are a primary care clinic that treats the majority of injuries and illnesses. We also specialize in areas that are in high demand for our students.
Our staff includes a medical doctor, nurse practitioners, and registered nurse. Visits to the Health Center are strictly confidential. Except in rare instances, as specified by law, no medical information will be released without written authorization from the patient.
Services performed include comprehensive, culturally competent, high-quality primary health care. The Health Center provides lab services, immunizations, allergy injections, and minor procedures. Also, some prescriptions are available on site. Students are expected to pay for the costs of treatment not covered by the Student Medical Plan.
Student Health Form
Valparaiso University requires every student to have a completed Student Health Form. If the Health Center does not receive a Student Health Form or the information is incomplete, a hold will be placed on the student’s account, making him/her unable to obtain grades or register for classes for the following semester until requirements are met. If you did not receive or misplaced your Student Health Form, one can be located here.
Student Health Forms
All Student Health Forms are reviewed by Health Center staff, who check the immunization dates for compliance with state and federal regulations as well as review medicines, pertinent food allergies, chronic diseases, and other health issues so that we may plan for and provide the appropriate health services when your student arrives.
Due to privacy regulations, all communication regarding the student’s health information must be with the student. We will not be able to remove a hold until all information in the Student Health Form is complete.
Immunizations currently required at Valparaiso University are those mandated by the State of Indiana. These include:
- tetanus/diphtheria booster within the past 10 years;
- two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella (the first dose after 12 months of age and the second at least 28 days after the first dose);
- if you are 23 years or younger – meningococcal ACWY and meningococcal B vaccines series.
- A completion of a Tuberculin TB blood test administered within the past 6 months is required. If your blood test is positive for TB a medical exam and a negative chest x-ray is required.
- A TB skin test and/or chest x-ray will NOT be accepted for screening for TB, if completed outside of the US.
- Some programs of study have additional immunization requirements, i.e., the College of Nursing and Health Professions.
Valparaiso University Health Center
Promenade East Building
55 University Drive, Suite 102
Valparaiso, IN 46383
**Please do not email if you need immediate assistance**
Call 219.464.5060 during business hours to schedule an appointment.