All student organizations must have a faculty or staff advisor, any individual employed by the University.
All student organizations must be run entirely by students. The executive and stipend positions of the student organization must be filled by undergraduate students.
All student organizations must have a Constitution, which must have the following items:
- A purpose statement, one that does not oppose that of Valparaiso University.
- Description of the organization’s structure.
- Description of the organization’s operations.
- Description of who is eligible to be a member (expressly delineating that only Valparaiso University undergraduate students can be voting members of their organization).
- A clause specifying that all executive and stipend positions must be filled by Valparaiso University undergraduate students.
- Description of the expectations of being a member.
- A clause specifying that membership and voting rights will be based on individual merit, free from discrimination based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- An amendment process.