Aspiring to be a tobacco-free
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) was organized with the support of Smokefree Indiana and Valparaiso University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, and funded through a grant from the Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission. Learn more by visiting the About Us page!
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) is dedicated to saving lives by reducing tobacco use and eliminating health disparities related to tobacco use through protecting residents from secondhand smoke; prevention and reducing youth tobacco use and access to tobacco products; and improving cessation services to assist smokers in quitting. Our mission is to promote tobacco control initiatives for the purpose of reducing tobacco use by our citizens through education.
The TEPC offers tobacco prevention and cessation educational programs and services with an emphasis on:
- Middle & High School students, employees, and parents
- Porter County VOICE
- Support community efforts to counter tobacco point-of-sale strategies.
- Tobacco-Free Worksites for employers & employees.
- Multi-Unit Housing outreach, assistance & smoke-free policy development & implementation.
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline (ITQL) – 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Coalition Building – TEPC monthly meetings
- Work with Priority Populations
For specific information on how the Coalition provides this emphasis, visit our About Us page.
|February 10th, |
Monthly Coalition Meeting
|Our monthly TEPC meeting will take place on February 10th from 9:30-10:30 am. All are welcome to attend! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation link.|
|February 17th, 7-8 pm |
|VOICE will be hosting a game night on Instagram live (@PorterCountyVoice) on February 17th from 7-8 pm. Email Ms. Jessica (email@example.com) or reach out on social media for more information.|