Aspiring to be a tobacco-free porter county
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) was organized with the support of Smokefree Indiana and Valparaiso University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, and funded through a grant from the Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission. Learn more by visiting the About Us page!
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) is dedicated to saving lives and improving the quality of life for citizens by reducing tobacco use and eliminating health disparities related to tobacco use by protecting residents from secondhand smoke; preventing and reducing youth tobacco use and access to tobacco products; and improving and promoting cessation services to assist smokers in quitting.
The TEPC offers tobacco prevention and cessation educational programs and services with an emphasis on:
- Middle & High School students, employees, and parents
- Porter County VOICE
- Support community efforts to counter tobacco point-of-sale strategies.
- Tobacco-Free Worksites for employers & employees.
- Multi-Unit Housing outreach, assistance & smoke-free policy development & implementation.
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline (ITQL) – 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Coalition Building – TEPC monthly meetings
- Work with Priority Populations
For specific information on how the Coalition provides this emphasis, visit our About Us page.
Monthly Coalition Meeting
|Our monthly coalition meeting will occur on September 14th from 10am-11am in person. All are welcome to attend! Email email@example.com for more information.|
Valparaiso University – Brown and Gold Room – Harre Union, 1509 Chapel Dr, Valparaiso, IN 46383, USA