Aspiring to be a tobacco-free
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) was organized with the support of Smokefree Indiana and Valparaiso University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, and funded through a grant from the Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission. Learn more by visiting the About Us page!
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) is dedicated to saving lives by reducing tobacco use and eliminating health disparities related to tobacco use through protecting residents from secondhand smoke; prevention and reducing youth tobacco use and access to tobacco products; and improving cessation services to assist smokers in quitting. Our mission is to promote tobacco control initiatives for the purpose of reducing tobacco use by our citizens through education.
The TEPC offers tobacco prevention and cessation educational programs and services with an emphasis on:
- Middle & High School students, employees, and parents
- Porter County VOICE
- Support community efforts to counter tobacco point-of-sale strategies.
- Tobacco-Free Worksites for employers & employees.
- Multi-Unit Housing outreach, assistance & smoke-free policy development & implementation.
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline (ITQL) – 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Coalition Building – TEPC monthly meetings
- Work with Priority Populations
For specific information on how the Coalition provides this emphasis, visit our About Us page.
|November 11th, |
9:30-10:30 am –
Monthly Coalition Meeting
|Our monthly TEPC meeting will take place on November 11th from 9:30-10:30 am. All are welcome to attend! Email email@example.com for an invitation link.|
Virtual Game Night
| Porter County VOICE will be hosting a virtual game night for youth ages 13-18 on November 19th from 6-7 pm. Prizes will be given to the winner of each trivia round! |
RSVP for game night
Join game night via Zoom
|November 19th, |
Victims of Vaping:
A Virtual Community Conversation
|What you need to know to protect youth & young adults:|
– Facts about vaping & tobacco use in Porter County
– How and why the tobacco industry intentionally targets the youth of Porter County
– How early nicotine use affects brain development and hooks youth for a life-long habit
Click here to register for this event