Aspiring to be a tobacco-free
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) was organized with the support of Smokefree Indiana and Valparaiso University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, and funded through a grant from the Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission. Learn more by visiting the About Us page!
The Tobacco Education & Prevention Coalition for Porter County (TEPCPC) is dedicated to saving lives and improving the quality of life for citizens by reducing tobacco use and eliminating health disparities related to tobacco use by protecting residents from secondhand smoke; preventing and reducing youth tobacco use and access to tobacco products; and improving and promoting cessation services to assist smokers in quitting.
The TEPC offers tobacco prevention and cessation educational programs and services with an emphasis on:
- Middle & High School students, employees, and parents
- Porter County VOICE
- Support community efforts to counter tobacco point-of-sale strategies.
- Tobacco-Free Worksites for employers & employees.
- Multi-Unit Housing outreach, assistance & smoke-free policy development & implementation.
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline (ITQL) – 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Coalition Building – TEPC monthly meetings
- Work with Priority Populations
For specific information on how the Coalition provides this emphasis, visit our About Us page.
VOICE Monthly Mingle
|If you are interested in learning more about the youth empowerment program VOICE join us for a no-pressure open house. All parents, students, school staff, community members, and anyone else interested is welcome! |
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the invitation link or for more information.
|Join us for a (zoom) community conversation titled “Sweet Deceptions: Consequences of Nicotine Addiction.” Porter County experts will discuss topics including:|
– Nicotine’s effects on behavioral & physical health
– How & why flavored products hook users
– What local schools are experiencing
– Resources for quitting
Email email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
|October 23rd-October 31st|
Red Ribbon Week
|Join us along with other community partners in recognizing Red Ribbon Week: The nation’s largest and longest-running drug-use prevention campaign. More information on our community events for this week coming soon.|
Monthly Coalition Meeting
|Our monthly coalition meeting will occur on November 10th from 10am-11am via Zoom. All are welcome to attend! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation link.|