- Poster Template from Poster Presentations
- Poster Template from MegaPrint
- Valparaiso University Poster Presentation Judging Criteria (XLS)
- BIO 801, Scientific Literature and Writing: Poster Presentations
A good guide with very useful illustrations that shows poster elements and designs.
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations
This revised site provides instructions for step-by-step development of effective posters and offers great examples of posters done for research. The authors address planning and development, software options, formatting, and layout. In addition, poor poster techniques are discussed.
- Creating a Poster Using MS PowerPoint
This guide provides instructions for creating a poster presentation using PowerPoint.
- Designing Effective Posters
This 29-page tutorial is one of three Kansas University Medical Center Web sites on Effective Presentations. This site illustrates elements of layout and design for poster presentations, common errors in design and how to avoid them, and it provides a convenient reference for students and faculty. Click on these topics for descriptive details: Planning the poster, creating the title banner, layout of the poster, dealing with illustrations and with text, and poster assembly. There are even a few Folklore, Tidbits & Hints. An example of a poster presentation with a quiz at the end is provided.
- Expanded Guidelines for Giving a Poster Presentation
This document has been compiled to provide some helpful guidelines on effective ways to present scientific information.
- How to Make a Poster? Posters Have Advantages Over Talks!
This site provides reasons for creating a poster to present research and discusses formatting considerations.
- Introduction: Poster Sessions
Colorado State University’s writing guide is a great place to start when faced with a poster assignment. Straightforward instructions and guidance along with examples and additional resources steer tenderfeet and veterans in effective design.
- Poster Presentations: Designing Effective Posters
University of Buffalo Library
Poster sessions are frequently used as a means to convey information in a brief format (typically 4′ x 8′) in classrooms, conferences, symposia, and workshops. Designing effective poster presentations is an art unto itself. This guide provides resources to make the process easier.
- Tips for Presenting Your Research in a Poster Presentation
The Evergreen State College, Office of Institutional Research and Assessment